The demand for paper and board products will grow over the next decade.
According to McKinsey & Co in its report on Pulp, paper, and packaging in the next decade: Transformational change, the graphic-paper market will continue decline worldwide but it will be balanced by increased demand for packaging and tissue products. It also believes the demand for fiber-based products will increase globally, with some segments growing faster than others.
Greycon's supply chain and production planning systems have been used for more than 25 years in the paper industry, providing benefits to many clients, from the small stand-alone specialist mill, to large multi-mill customers with integrated converting plants.
Greycon Paper Case Studies
Industry-Specific Supply Chain Optimisation Addressing Multi-Mill Customers
- Non-linear block schedule optimisation to trade-off grade transition costs against customer service requirements
- Paper machine and finishing optimisation and integration of trim considerations into inventory policy
- Seamless make-to-stock / make-to-order / mixed policies
- Multi-machine trim optimisation that takes into account transportation costs and sourcing constraints
- Trim optimisation at both the planning level and dynamically at the winder
- Industry-specific Manufacturing Execution System, interfaced to SAP
- Optimisation-based block scheduling
- Dynamic re-trimming to recover from production deviations
- Scaleable client-server architecture
- Internationalisation including Far Eastern character sets
- Certified interface to SAP
- Product-based software development
Some of Greycon's Paper Industry Clients