Junior Software Developer
Greycon is the world’s leading provider of production planning, scheduling, forecasting and manufacturing execution systems, designed specifically for roll-based & flat sheet industries. We have over 30 years of history and operate throughout the world with 500 sites in over 40 countries. Our strength is the extensive range of specialist software solutions for Paper & Board, Plastic Films & Flexible Packaging, Nonwovens, Metals and Converting industries supported by powerful optimization algorithms.
The successful candidate will join our office in Montevideo, during a time of rapid growth and exciting change as we expand our range of features and products. Greycon is a passionate, innovative and dynamic organization, which values success. We continuously challenge our team to extend and enhance our portfolio of products in an exciting, supportive, rewarding and fun environment.
Are you a highly-motivated individual with a passion for delivering results? Are you ready to face new challenges and influence the development of new products?
If so, then Greycon are seeking to appoint a confident Junior Software Developer for an exciting new role. The Junior Software Developer is part of an agile development team, who will be responsible for building and working on Greycon’s software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The individual will be involved in all areas of development from design and development through to testing.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be part of a team and will collaborate to develop, support, test and maintain the products.
The role itself is very varied and will entail:
- Design and develop appropriate workable solutions for change requests and bugs
- Analyze and amend software errors in a timely fashion
- Work within the defined company development process and standards
- Carry out module testing and code peer reviews
- Develop and improve automated test suites
- Aim for a productive and efficient communication with colleagues
- Support the deployment of new code to new/existing customers and consultants.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Good understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of unit testing
- A Computer Science degree, Software Engineering degree or related qualification (advanced students are also welcome)
- Previous working experience is advantageous
Your Personal Characteristics will include:
- Have a good level of the English language in order to communicate both orally and in writing with colleagues on a daily basis
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Accurate, with high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge
- Able to remain calm and problem solve under pressure
If you are results driven and a self-motivated supportive team player, who can build confidence with colleagues across the business, then we would like to hear from you.
This is a fantastic career opportunity and the role offers superb potential to add value and quickly progress in a fast-paced environment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.
IS THIS YOU?
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and your CV (both in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting period 3 weeks