More Paper Mills and Plastic Film plants use Greycon software for planning, scheduling and MES than any other.
Greycon has grown organically by aligning interests with our clients and only providing this type of system.
We are financially conservative and strong with negligible debt. Our Directors and staff own well over 90% of the equity and have a very significant interest in the company. Our growth has been achieved without borrowing and we have robust internal controls and audit procedures.
We practice an incremental improvement process supported by a release cycle 1-2 times a year. Our R&D expenditure is around 25% of our sales. We place tremendous importance on the quality of our software and consider our test suites one of the key intellectual property assets of the company.
We believe in openness and consistently publish and share more information with our prospects and customers than any competitors.
We are genuinely multi-cultural and foster a diversity that allows individuality and creativity to be expressed by our talented people.
We take genuine pride in being flexible in our product portfolio and can develop cost-effectively to address individual needs, always rolling such enhancements into the generic products in due course.
We partner with some of the industry leaders in our sector, including Intel, Microsoft and SAP and are recognised by them in return as valuable contributors to progress.
The Greycon group of companies are owned by Greycon Limited a company registered in England, registration number 1861647, VAT Registration number 422 3242 00.
Greycon operates throughout the world, with presence in China, Finland, France, Greece, UK, Uruguay and USA. See contact.
Greycon originated in 1985 from the Industrial Systems Group of Imperial College of the University of London. The three founders of the company, Alex Dimitriadis, Prof. Greyham Bryant, and Dr. Constantine Goulimis, developed innovative software for the paper and board industry and formed the company to specialise in the application of advanced mathematical techniques for manufacturing.
Some of our key milestones:
- Greycon formed.
- Over 6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) scheduled by Greycon in the paper industry
- North America operation
- Strategic alliance with SAP and Metso
- X-Trim 2.0
- ReTrim Implementation
- APS Connector to SAP APO
- Asia, APP & Moorim projects
- Formation of Greycon Latin America
- SAP Certification
- SIAM Kraft project
- Initiation of MES solution
- China office launched
- Multi-core parallel processing
- opt-Studio® launched
- Greycon Greece established
- Usiminas project in the steel industry
- Delivered a series of significant projects, including Biaxplen in Russia, Blue Paper in France, Kipaş in Turkey and Fiskeby in Sweden.
- Greycon implemented at 500th site
- Metals project in South America (Prolamsa) and in North America (AJ Oster)
- 50 customers worldwide in the Plastics Film Industry
- Greycon optimises 200 million tons per annum in the paper industry
- 10th India project live
- 2nd project in Russia (llim)
- Greycon suite versions 8.4 / 8.5 / 8.6 released